Friday, December 5, 2008

Cheesecake and Booze

The two things I missed on vacation 2008. The booze I planned on missing, but the cheesecake not so much. On the flight down, the flight attendant served J and I our meals separately so that Rex could sit on one of our laps while the other ate. It seemed like such a good plan. J ate first and his meal arrived with a slice of cheesecake. From that point on I couldn't wait for my meal. When it finally arrived my cheesecake had been replaced by a bowl of fruit. It is safe to say that I was very disappointed.

Let me continue my complaining about airlines with our trip through security to board our plane in NY. J and I loaded up the bins we needed, collapsed the stroller, took off our sweaters, jackets and shoes. Rex and I headed toward the metal detector. The guard told me to remove Rex's shoes - he is 22 months old, his shoes are the length of 1.5 Q-tips! Then the guard "padded" Rex down after we walked through the detector due to the fact that he had a sweater on. I still can't believe my 22 month old was padded down.

Tomorrow is our return flight. Hopefully I will get Rex through security with less fanfare and manhandling.

No comments: