Monday, January 5, 2009

Parmesan and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin, Potato and Baby Spinach Gratin, Brussels Sprouts and Goat Cheese Salad

This was our dinner on New Year's Day. Since J and I have been together I have always taken the first foods of the New Year seriously. I figure we can eat terribly anytime so we should eat well on New Year's Day. I guess it helps that we enjoy cooking and cooking together. The meal was excellent and we had enough beef for two more meals.

In addition to good food New Year's Day also brings some pressure to identify resolutions. I have quite a few this year. Many of them are small or things I can't do anything about immediately. Here are my resolutions for 2009:

~ make at least 1 blog post per week. I was going to aim for once per day, but I know that won't happen once the baby gets here so I am trying to be realistic about my goals.

~ stay on top of household clutter. I need to really get moving on this one. Thankfully the Christmas decorations are down and put away so I should be able to get things organized soon.

~ pay bills in the office every Monday. I want to start using that room more often and be more organized about bill paying.

~ Be more mindful about spending!

~ lose this baby weight quickly after Niner gets here. I want to get back into leather pants shape by the Fall and be able to wear a bikini if we go on vacation in December. Speaking of being pregnant here is what I look like at 25 weeks:

1 comment:

Katie said...

you look great!!! And your NYE dinner sounds sooo yummy!