Monday, January 26, 2009

Almost Irish Stew

I made this dish in the slow-cooker a week ago when my mom and sister visited. Everyone enjoyed it which was good. Being together with my mom and sister was something of an experience this time around. I really don't know where to begin, but my mother tried to convince me that monkeys don't have tails and my sister thinks that her employer would not have had the right to tell her she couldn't take time off to go to Obama's inauguration. I think they both must be out of their minds, at least a little. It seems the longer I am away from them, the less I understand them. I just can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't gone to college and made a life for myself. Am I destined to be irritated by my family? Should I readjust my expectations and acknowledge that they don't understand my views just as I don't understand theirs?

Oh and my sister slurps - I hate slurping.

No comments: